What does Boat Insurance cover?
Most boat policies cover physical damage to the hull, sails, machinery, furnishings, and most other equipment that is normally used on board.
Most dangers are covered including vandalism, malicious mischief, and damage which results from collision or sinking.
Insurance needs differ depending on the type, age, or value of the boat or watercraft you own.
What about Liability Coverage for your boat policy?
You are also insured against liability losses. You are covered for damage you may cause to another boat, yacht, personal water craft, sailboat or dock, and for bodily injury or death to another person while operating your vessle.
Under most boat policies, the boat trailer is covered against physical loss or damage from any external cause.
What optional coverage is available with a boat insurance policy?
You may purchase optional coverages, such as:
- Your personal property
- Your fishing equipment
- Coverage against injury to you caused by an uninsured boater
Types of personal watercraft we can help you insure
- Ski Boats – Powered by high-horsepower engines. They have a flat bottom, and are designed to safely tow water skiers.
- Jet Boats – Propelled by a jet of water ejected from the back of the craft. Comes in a variety of sizes.
- Personal Watercraft (PWC) – used for recreational purposes that you sit or stand on. They are often referred to by their brand names such as Jet Ski, WaveRunner, or Sea Doo.
- Pontoon – Consist of flat hulls that sit on pontoons. They are used in calm inland waters and have room for several people, along with seats and often a canopy.
- Bow Rider – Open bow type of boat with seating. They are best suited for use in lakes and inland waterways.
- Center Consoles – Usually powered by an outboard motor. Single decked open hull boats with the operator’s console (helm) in the center of the boat.
- Cuddy Cabin – A boat that contains a small cabin in the bow.
- Walk Around – Generally used as fishing boats, it is a cross between a center console and a cuddy boat. contains a small cabin.
- Sailboats – A boat propelled partially or entirely by sails. It is manufactured in many sizes, right up to ocean-going.
- Bass Boats – A small, flat bottom boat used primarily for bass fishing in inland waters. They are often equipped with swivel chairs for easy casting.
- Private Pleasure Craft (Yacht)
Is my boat covered when it’s not in the water?
It’s covered if you have physical damage (comprehensive and collision) coverage. Liability, Uninsured Motorist and Medical Payments coverages only respond when your boat is in the water.
If I am in an accident while towing my boat who pays for the
If your boat is damaged your boat policy will respond if you have physical damage (comprehensive and collision) coverage on your policy.
We’ve been Gainesville’s and Micco’s Boat Insurance Agency to count on.
The answers to these Gainesville and Micco Boat Insurance FAQs are meant only as a general guideline. Please call Schneider Insurance for detailed assistance in obtaining boat insurance for your watercraft.
Call Schneider & Associates Insurance Today
As an independent agency, we can shop multiple class A carriers to get you the coverage you need. We will be happy to talk with you about your personal unique insurance requirements. Get insurance today so you don’t have to worry about tomorrow. Call today, 877-333-3021!